Founder & Managing Director
Happiness for me is bringing a smile to people around me.
Influenced by the changing needs of her elders, Janice was inspired to start Ageing Asia to drive and nurture opportunities and the development of innovation and solutions that address the evolving needs of the rising ageing population in the region. Having accumulated a vast experience from visiting over 400 residential and aged care homes from over 15 countries since starting her practice in 2009, Janice has been actively involved in consulting organisations seeking global best practices in housing, health and care models that can be translated for the Asian market. She has also been quoted regularly in the media, such as the BBC, on Asia Pacific business trends in ageing.
Janice has also launched several industry initiatives:
- Ageing Asia Alliance – Asia’s first industry network on the business of ageing with over 1,700 members
- Annual International Ageing Asia Innovation Forum & Exhibition (AAIF) held in Singapore – Asia’s most influential platform on the business of ageing
- The Asia Pacific Silver Economy Business Opportunities Report – Projecting Asia’s Pacific’s silver market opportunity to hit US$4.56 Trillion by 2025
- Asia Pacific Eldercare Innovation Awards – To recognise outstanding contributions and innovations towards improving quality of life and happiness in the care sector
- Ageing Asia Silver Economy Index – Ranking of countries in Asia Pacific by market potential of ageing baby boomers
- ASPIRE55 – Asia’s first virtual retirement village, a wellbeing community that offers a combination of social, health and care services that are typically available at a real retirement village, but enables members to continue living in their existing homes.
- Global Ageing Academy – World’s first ageing industry academy that focuses on consolidating open learning courses from leading experts and organisations globally to provide training and education that improve quality of life for older adults.
“To do what you like is freedom, to like what you do is happiness.”
Director, Marketing Communications
“Happiness is a choice, you are as happy as you choose to be.”
Business Development Lead, North Asia
“Health and happiness are the essence of life.”
Mary Ann Lee
“Happiness is the feeling of contentment living a purposeful & positive life.”
“Happiness comes from within.”
Assistant to Founder
“Happiness is accepting what life has to offer and making the best out of it.”